Inspiration..., Motivation...., Guidance....., Mentor....., Role model....., Idol.....

Constant progress in life is what everyone aspires for. We study in schools, universities to equip ourselves to face the world. That alone is not enough to face the harsh realities of life. We need to equip ourselves with many skills, to go up in life. People are now talking about multi-skilling, even to survive and to succeed in today's most competitive world.

Everyone has a role model. Ask anyone! We idolize someone and want to emulate his/her life. There starts our journey towards the peak. We get inspired by them. We study their life and take lessons from them. Certainly we can get the clue from their life lessons but we should never simply copy them. We take the lessons and modify according to our situation, our unique personality and adopt them. I was inspired by my class teacher (Mr. Nelson K. Samuel) in school, to study English as a language. My interest in the language was triggered by him.

But there are some people who motivate us to do certain things which will help us grow. It is in their blood to motivate someone all the time. Take the cue and guidance from them and utilize them to go up. We need to keep up the adrenaline flow, to sustain the growth rate.

Some people simply guide us in the right path. It is for us to get their guidance and grow. If we ask for their guidance they will be glad to guide us. The motivation and interest have to come from us. They teach you the ups and downs of the subject, as they are experienced in the relative field. We don't have to tread the path and find the crates and ditches by ourselves. Their life experience will help us navigate in the right path.

The role model we have in our mind, may not be accessible to us. They could be seen by us but we may not be in a touching distance. They may not know us even. But we can always choose a mentor, who is close to us and whom we revere. Try to constantly get the life lessons from them by observing them, consulting them. They will mentor us to become the person who we want to be. My father was my role model, guide, motivator and mentor. From him I have learnt almost all my life lessons. From my father-in-law, I learnt most of the office etiquette. Most of my business lessons are learnt from the CEO of the Maldives company I worked for. The Guru in my spiritual life is my wife and I am very proud of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

மனம் மிக அலை பாயுதே....

Mental Ability..... are we slowly losing....?

Is it humanly possible....?