Lose something, to gain something else....

Recently I lost an important and confidential document (I am not going to tell you what it is; after all, it is a confidential one, you see..!). In our office ...or residence...? It will be great if I know that. Sometime later I might even forget what I have lost..... The sky has not fallen down.... so, it may not be that important as I think.... That is how I consoled myself and all along keeping it (losing the document) close to my chest.....

The best idea to (accidentally) find the lost document is to ..... lose something else which is NOT very important.... Subsequently, the unimportant thing might become very important and essential.... That is how it turns out to be, invariably... Anyway, I decided to lose (intentionally) my pen drive. Initially I thought there was no file saved in the pen drive. Nothing to worry..... (more about this later....). Okay, I purposely lost my pen drive.

I promptly started my hunting expedition, (to find the lost document) first in the office.... In the process, I lost two pens (not pen drive!). Ultimately that (hunting) proved to be a losing experience.... So, I decided to have a stint in my home. My grand-son thought that I was playing 'hide and seek' and yelled that he found me under the bed.... While searching for the lost treasure, I soiled my new shirt and silently threw that in the laundry basket and changed to another (similar looking) shirt....! (Not to get caught, you see...). Searching all over, I found my 'voter id' (which I lost just before the last election), a 'scrap book' where I had written down some important office - related work. And another pen drive (not the one I knowingly lost recently...). In fact, I had totally forgotten about the pen drive which I found now. It was permanently erased from my memory and gone out of my brain (!)... My grandson's two lost toys found the recovery list! I was very happy to see my grandson's brightly-lit face. My expedition failed miserably.....(cannot say so, as I found something else, right?). It might turn out to be 'mission impossible 5 (or 6). I lost all my hope and quit (temporarily, of course).

All of a sudden I remembered that the pen drive I purposely lost had some office file, which is needed now. My God, I had no idea about this when I knowingly lost it. Stupid me.... Okay, now I have to look out for 2 lost things (confidential document and the now-important pen drive). What do I do...? Shall I lose one more so-called-unimportant object.....? Is it worth taking that risk, again?

In the meantime, my wife misplaced (not lost!) her 'hair-clip' and I wanted to be patted in the back, garnering this golden opportunity. So, I put in all my efforts and searched the house, very thoroughly. Hey! I found all my lost items (what a relief!), but not my wife's priceless hair-clip..... I suggested my formula to her and I promptly got her stare.... She told me to mind my own business and she would find her own way. And I am not going to tell you where I found the prized booty.....

Extrapolating my theory (of losing something purposely to find something-else), I suggest you to lose most of the material things in life to find peace and happiness, which are ultimately the goal of our lives.... 

Comments

  1. Good one mama.. .The suspense of what that confidential document is curious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very hilarious ... Especially the stare from Amma ЁЯШЖ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

рооройроо் рооிроХ роЕро▓ை рокாропுродே....

Mental Ability..... are we slowly losing....?

Is it humanly possible....?