My unique ID problem

Should I pat myself for being unique or regret for being one in a million...?? That is my dilemma...! I do not have a problem in leaving my finger prints in a crime scene. Hey...! Please don't jump to any conclusions.... Why am I saying this? I cannot identify myself using my finger prints... Perplexed! I too am baffled. Hello, I have fingers, okay....

My sim card' in my smart phone developed a peculiar problem. The 'data package' charged already is in tact. That is, the 'internet' is working. I receive calls. But I cannot make calls! The package includes 100 free SMS per day and unlimited calls. Okay, even SMS can be sent from my phone. Only problem is that I cannot make calls to any number...

I consulted the 'service provider'. After a thorough 'check up' of my phone, it was found that there is a problem with the 'sim card' and it needs to be replaced. Here comes the problem. They do not have any issue in replacing my 'sim card'. Then what? The requisite condition is that I should prove my identity. I showed my 'Aadhaar Card'. That is fine, but not enough. I must prove myself with my finger print matching that of my finger print in the Aadhaar Card record. There is the real problem. That is where I differ from all the people in general. I will explain in a while as to what happened further....

Now to my 'unique problem'! Even after registering with a particular device / gadget, my finger (print) is not recognized by the respective gadget, even though I try several times. For some people this happens but within a few trials, it is duly accepted by the device. In my case, despite repeated attempts, it miserably fails. One place where I faced this problem was in our office (in Maldives). Though the bio-metric system was successfully used to punch the daily attendance, for all the employees, it seldom worked for me. In the initial stages, I used to sign the attendance register kept in the office, in which only my name appeared. Later a card was given to me, using which I punched my attendance. Since I was the senior-most employee (age-wise), and also trust-worthy (that I will not mis-use the facility), this was done by our company.

There was another place I needed to use my finger to pass through the system. That was Male' International Airport. For 'work permit' holders, entry into the airport and exit out of it are through bio-metric system. No wonder I used to be one of the last to either enter or exit. If I had to use the device in the regular queue, all others behind me would be delayed. So, after a few tries, I would be asked to go to a separate booth where I used to keep trying for eternity. By a quirk of luck, after about 15 minutes of trying, out of pity, the device would recognize my finger print. With a sigh of relief, I used to pass through. So, every time on my holiday visit to India (and back) I had to go through this monumental hurdle! What a dreadful experience and what a relief now....

As for my 'sim card' problem I made three visits to the 'service provider' and on the third visit, and after several minutes of agony, finally it was ecstasy.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

மனம் மிக அலை பாயுதே....

Mental Ability..... are we slowly losing....?

Is it humanly possible....?