Disruptive Technology...?

I received a 'forwarded message' in my whatsapp recently. The message I received is in 'italics' and bold fonts. And my response to that message is in normal format. Please read below:

When TV came to my house, I forgot how to read books. Don't we need TV? How could the advent of TV prevent us from reading books! Books give us a totally different content and experience, which the TV does not.

When the car came to my doorstep, I forgot how to walk. The one who is very conscious about his general health, will know the importance of walking. Car is so very convenient when we have to travel a considerable distance. We cannot walk to that place. It is in the judicious selection of when to walk and when to use the car.

When I got the mobile in my hand, I forgot how to write letter. So what? Writing letters is not a must. After all, when there is a convenient and easy way of communicating, why bother with writing?

When computer came to my house, I forgot spellings. Of course, remembering the spellings (of words), enhances the brain's capability. But there are other ways to use our brain to keep it functioning highly efficient for a long time. When the spellings are available at our fingertips, why bother with remembering them?

When the AC came to my house, I stopped going under the tree for cool breeze. This is fictitious. Where are the trees in cities and towns? We have destroyed them long back to build houses and factories. Yes, in villages we still find people resting under the shade of trees. They never bothered about bringing AC to their homes.

When I stayed in the city, I forgot the smell of mud. We are talking about the long-forgotten days. No more, relevant!

By dealing with banks and cards, I forgot the value of money. Can we keep the hard-earned money, safely at home? Can we carry bunch of currency when we go out? Both are not safe. Banks and cards are for our convenience. Money will be always valued by people who have earned in the right way.

With the smell of perfume, I forgot the fragrance of fresh flowers. There is no compulsion for us to buy perfumes when fresh flowers are still available in the market. It is our choice.

With the coming of fast food, I forgot to cook the traditional cuisines. Fast food is a convenience only when it is unavoidable. We can always cook traditional food at home; no one prevents it. We should not get addicted to the taste (of fast food) enhanced by the use of fattening agents. Nothing wrong in having the fast food once in a while.

Always running around, I forgot how to stop. Those who know the value of life, will never keep running (behind material things), come what may. It is not because of the modern things coming in our way. It is because we do not know the real worth of life (well, most of us!).

And lastly when I got whatsapp, I forgot how to talk. Not only whatsapp, but other apps too are conveniences, which are very useful, if used only when needed. We should never get blinded by the conveniences and over-use them.

In short, all the modern things are of great value to our daily life. They are to be used to our advantage. We should be masters of them and not the other way around. I do not think that the technological advancements are "disruptive".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

மனம் மிக அலை பாயுதே....

Mental Ability..... are we slowly losing....?

Is it humanly possible....?